Cannot find hjzopts=3.php
Welcome to all
Purley Quakers are now meeting for worship in
St Mark’s Church, Woodcote,
Church Road, Purley, CR8 3QQ
Back in business - sort of
Normal-ish Meeting for Worship in Croydon will resume on 2 August after the
long closure due to the coronavirus restrictions.
We look forward to welcoming the brave ones back to worship in person.
However, this will initially look and feel different from
usual, and for the first few weeks will take place in the Adult
School Hall to give more space for social distancing.
To keep everyone safe and healthy we ask you to read
You have a choice
. Croydon and Sutton are both continuing to hold Meetings for Worship
We try to make them as much like normal Sunday meeting as possible - arrive any time from 10:00,
worship 10:30 to 11:30, then notices and chat afterwards - but you will have to supply your own
How to connect to Croydon Virtual Meeting House
Note. You do not need to have a Zoom account to participate in a Zoom meeting.
(The key phrase is "join a meeting", not "sign in" or "sign up".)
- My machine is fully Zoom-capable, ie. it has a user-facing camera, microphone and speaker / headphone socket but Zoom is not installed.
- My machine is fully Zoom-capable and Zoom is already installed.
- My machine is not fully Zoom-capable (but it has a screen!).
- If you do not have Zoom installed follow the instructions at 1. above. Or if you have it installed go to the meeting as per 2. above.
- In Video Preview click on “join without video”.
- A box will then ask you to “choose one of the audio conference options”. Select Phone Call.
- Pick up your phone. If the numbers displayed on the screen do not begin +44, select the United Kingdom from the pull-down list! If you are on a landline replace +44 with zero. Dial a number.
- When connected and prompted key:
- Meeting Id: 786 763 002 #
- Participant Id.: <as displayed on the screen> #
- You should hear: “you are in the meeting now …”
- It is normal to mute your phone, so everyone does not hear each other’s background noises. Remember to unmute if you want to speak.
- My only means of communicating is a POTS phone (POTS = plain old telephone service - but not so old that it has a rotary dial!).
For further details or instructions contact Roger W. Haworth on 07788 756 745
For those not familiar with using Zoom, we recommend this advice
on the Woodbrooke website.
Contact Purley Quakers
The Clerks: email@example.com
Webmaster: Roger W. Haworth