Cannot find hjzopts=3.php
Welcome to all
Purley Quakers are now meeting for worship in
St Mark’s Church, Woodcote,
Church Road, Purley, CR8 3QQ
Tier Four of Tears
Croydon meeting house is closed until further notice but …
Croydon and Sutton are both continuing to hold Meetings for Worship
We try to make them as much like normal Sunday meeting as possible - arrive any time from 10:00,
worship 10:30 to 11:30, then notices and chat afterwards - but you will have to supply your own
Warning - passcode
Croydon Virtual Meeting House now requires a passcode to enter it
but it is as a simple as we could make it:
just capital Q for Quaker.
How to join Croydon Virtual Meeting House
Note. You do not need to have a Zoom account to participate in a Zoom meeting.
(The key phrase is "join a meeting", not "sign in" or "sign up".)
- My machine is fully Zoom-capable, ie. it has a user-facing camera, microphone and speaker / headphone socket but Zoom is not installed.
- My machine is fully Zoom-capable and Zoom is already installed.
- My machine is not fully Zoom-capable (but it has a screen!).
- If you do not have Zoom installed follow the instructions at 1. above. Or if you have it installed go to the meeting as per 2. above.
- In Video Preview click on “join without video”.
- A box will then ask you to “choose one of the audio conference options”. Select Phone Call.
- Pick up your phone. If the numbers displayed on the screen do not begin +44, select the United Kingdom from the pull-down list! If you are on a landline replace +44 with zero. Dial a number.
- When connected and prompted key:
- Meeting Id: 786 763 002 #
- Participant Id.: <as displayed on the screen> #
- You should hear: “you are in the meeting now …”
- Please mute your phone by keying *6 so that your breathing does not cause Zoom to keep thinking you are the speaker. Remember to unmute with *6 if you want to speak.
- My only means of communicating is a POTS phone (POTS = plain old telephone service - but not so old that it has a rotary dial!).
For further details or instructions contact Roger W. Haworth on 07788 756 745
For those not familiar with using Zoom, we recommend looking at this page
on the Woodbrooke website and others to which it links.
Booking Croydon Virtual Meeting House
Croydon Virtual Meeting House is open 24/7 but it only has one room so to avoid clashing usage,
we have introduced a booking system.
- To see the booking calendar follow this
- To make a booking follow this link. Note that this link
will only work if you are signed into our
Contact Purley Quakers
The Clerks: email@example.com
Webmaster: Roger W. Haworth