Cannot find hjzopts=2.php
Welcome to all
Purley Quakers are now meeting for worship in
St Mark’s Church, Woodcote,
Church Road, Purley, CR8 3QQ
Tier Four of Tears
Croydon meeting house is closed until further notice but …
Croydon and Sutton are both continuing to hold Meetings for Worship
We try to make them as much like normal Sunday meeting as possible - arrive any time from 10:00,
worship 10:30 to 11:30, then notices and chat afterwards - but you will have to supply your own
Warning - passcode
Croydon Virtual Meeting House now requires a passcode to enter it
but it is as a simple as we could make it:
just capital Q for Quaker.
How to join Croydon Virtual Meeting House
Note. You do not need to have a Zoom account to participate in a Zoom meeting.
(The key phrase is "join a meeting", not "sign in" or "sign up".)
- My machine is fully Zoom-capable, ie. it has a user-facing camera, microphone and speaker / headphone socket but Zoom is not installed.
- My machine is fully Zoom-capable and Zoom is already installed.
- Find your way to the Join Meeting box.
- The top input box with Enter meeting ID or similar has a down arrow at far right. If you have been into this meeting before, click on the down arrow and select Croydon Virtual Meeting House 786-763-002 from the drop down list.
- Otherwise enter the Meeting Id of 786-763-002
- Below the Meeting Id input is an input for “Your Name”. If this shows something like iPad or Galaxy S7, change it!
- Click on Join
- Enter meeting passcode: Q
- My machine is not fully Zoom-capable (but it has a screen!).
- My only means of communicating is a POTS phone (POTS = plain old telephone service - but not so old that it has a rotary dial!).
For further details or instructions contact Roger W. Haworth on 07788 756 745
For those not familiar with using Zoom, we recommend looking at this page
on the Woodbrooke website and others to which it links.
Booking Croydon Virtual Meeting House
Croydon Virtual Meeting House is open 24/7 but it only has one room so to avoid clashing usage,
we have introduced a booking system.
- To see the booking calendar follow this
- To make a booking follow this link. Note that this link
will only work if you are signed into our
Contact Purley Quakers
The Clerks: email@example.com
Webmaster: Roger W. Haworth